Montag, Februar 19, 2007

 

Knoppix-Installer update

My new Knoppix 5.1.1 DVD arrived yesterday and I tried it out now.

First I found out that the apt-method-installed patches have been merged, but that the updater would overwrite sources.list in case of Ctrl+C.

That is fixed now. This means a knoppix-installer update after almost 2 years!

I also fixed the dreaded IGNORE_CHECK=1, which users always had always problems with. Environment was simply (correctly) not passed by sudo. Oops.

Fixed by introducing new command line options:

--no-check: which does the IGNORE_CHECK=1

and

--no-update: skips the update checking

I also added a nice progress bar, while searching for updatable partititions and fixed lengthy rebuildfstab invocations.

Patch should be in next upstream knoppix version.

Comments: Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?